Day 10 - I and J

15th March 2022

I have decided that I don't want to do daily blog entries anymore as I feel that they are too repetitive so now I am doing these blog entries for a couple of days at a time. The letter I was a tough one to design as I feel that there is only so much that you can do with this until you make it unrecognisable. I decided to keep the shape relatively simple as well as experimenting with light and shadows. With the letter itself, I decided to use line gradients to show the light and shade to give it a 2.5D effect. I decided to also add some shapes behind the letter with the opacity lowered to make it look like a shadow.  


Final upload for letter I

16th March 2022

Today was time to make the letter J. I first did some sketches and chose a version of the sketches that I liked. The initial design was made by putting thin lines together so I had to thicken them slightly and then I wanted to try out the new 3D features on Illustrator so I used the inflate tool in the 3D menu to make the shape rounder. I also played around with the extrude tool as well and made it longer as well as positioning the shape at an angle. I then looked at the materials and chose the marble material and adjusted the colours for it.


Final upload for letter J



Comments