Day 14 - M and N

19th March 2022

Today, I worked on my designs for the letter M. I did a few sketches for this one but the ideas for this design came to me quite quickly. I decided that after the success of my letter J, I wanted to try something else with the 3D tools in Illustrator. I drew my letter M out using the pen tool. I then used the extrude and rotate tools in the 3D settings to make the letter 3D. After I did that, I added a material to it and then made a shadow underneath the shape by making an ellipse shape and lowering the opacity on it to make it look like a shadow.


Final upload for the letter M

20th March 2022

This time, I am doing my design for the letter N. I had a few sketches drawn out but my final concept was slightly different to any of my sketches as I initially went with a circular design where the letter was inside a circle. It wasn't until I chose the colours for the letter with the radial gradient that I decided to make it look like a fire. I decided to add warp effects to it with the fisheye and inflate settings to make it circular. I then decided that it needed a few logs underneath to make it resemble a campfire. I did this by making rectangles and adding brown freeform gradients to them and I didn't add a wooden texture to them as I was under time pressure and I wasn't sure how to do that quickly. 


Final upload for the letter N




Comments